exclusively for BBP members
Our COVID-19 member forum
- Position of the Belgian Biosafety Professionals (BBP) on the draft royal decree (RD) on animal by-products (ABP).
- Position Paper of the Belgian Biosafety Professionals (BBP) on Emergency planning for contained use of genetically modified micro-organisms.
- A BBP proposal on the regulatory status of the sterile liquid and solid fractions resulting form alkaline hydrolysis of animal carcasses.
- A revised BBP proposal on the regulatory status of the sterile liquid and solid fractions resulting form alkaline hydrolysis of animal carcasses.
- BBP comments on CEN/WS 53 N 030
Laboratory hoods and cabinets: Training the inexperienced to choose the correct device
Spotting the difference between biosafety cabinets and other types of ventilated cabinets such as clean benches or fume hoods may not always be straightforward. This decision tree, developed by several members of BBP, will help you to identify any hood encountered in most laboratories.
Flowchart for classification, packaging, labelling and treatment of biological waste
Many of us are confronted with questions on classification, packaging, labelling and treatment of biological waste. A decision tree and guidance note to practically guide you in this matter was developed in the framework of the BBP Task Force Waste. This decision tree is exclusively based on biological hazards associated with the waste.
Decision tree and guidance note solid waste
Tasks of the biosafety professional in Belgium
Overview for the three regions
Posters presented at the 19th Annual EBSA conference in Lille, France - April 19-22, 2016:
Poster presented at the FELASA Conference in Brussels, BE - June 13-16, 2016:
- BBP poster on animal by-products - information from an animal handling perspective