About EBSA22 - Course N - Biosafetyofficer - from basic to experts in one day
EBSA22 - Course N - Biosafetyofficer - from basic to experts in one day
This course is intended for those starting in the field of biosafety and biosecurity, i.e. with less than two years’ experience. More experienced biosafety officers should not attend. It covers what you need to know about biosafety and biorisk management and where to find essential information. Course topics are:
- This course is meant for novices in biosafety
- What is biosafety?
- What topics need to be addressed as a Biosafety Officer?
- Who are the players in the field?
- Where to find the most important information?
Citation of the respective sections of CWA 16335:2011 Biosafety professional competence
The course presents the general importance and essential principles of section
- 7.2. and Annex C.2.1.2 on general principles of biosafety and biosecurity,
- 7.2.3 and C.22.214.171.124, biological and other hazards in the work area,
- 7.2.4. and C.126.96.36.199 occupational health,
- 7.2.5 and .188.8.131.52 human factors,
- 7.2.6 and C184.108.40.206 containment principles,
- 7.2.7 and C220.127.116.11 biorisk assessment and management,
- 7.2.11 and C.18.104.22.168 good microbiological techniques,
- 7.2.12 and C.22.214.171.124. personal protective equipment,
- 7.2.13 and C.126.96.36.199 infection control, disinfection, decontamination, and sterilization,
- 7.2.14 and C.188.8.131.52 biological waste management,
- 7.2.15 and C.184.108.40.206 emergency preparedness and response.