About EBSA22 - Course I - Parasites - the hidden and the open - enabling biosafety and effective risk control
EBSA22 - Course I - Parasites - the hidden and the open - enabling biosafety and effective risk control
Instructors: Mark Ariyanayagam & Beth Webster
A one day course on human and other parasites, special hazards and risk assessment. Course topics are:
- What is a parasite?
- Different types of parasites?
- Animal vectors of endoparasites (and life cycle)?
- Hazards for the lab worker and lab animals and environment (including fauna and Flora)?
- What is a quarantine organism?
- Risk Assessment
- Risk management? Containment?
Citation of the respective sections of CWA 16335:2011 Biosafety professional competence
- C184.108.40.206 general principles of microbiology
- C220.127.116.11 Biological hazard in the work area